Pumpkin Oatmeal Spice Cookies
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1/4 cup of butter or coconut oil
1 cup of demarara or white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup mashed pumpkin (roasted, boiled, or canned)
1 cup of any gluten free flour
1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 a whole nutmeg, grated
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2-3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of whole pecans, toasted and chopped
- Combine the flax meal with 5 tablespoons of water and let it rest at list 10 minutes.
- Add the flax seeds to the mashed pumpkin.
- Blend the butter, sugar, and vanilla, and add them to the pumpkin.
- Mix the dry ingredients, except for the pecans.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients. You want it to be nice and sticky, but not watery.
- Lastly, mix in the pecans. Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Form golf ball-sized spheres of dough, then flaten them into discs on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes, until cooked through.