Wild Mahi Mahi with Citrus & Ginger Marinade
1 orange, juiced
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp coconut oil
1" piece of ginger, grated
1.5 lbs mahi mahi fillets
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup dry white wine, or a squeeze of lemon or lime
cayenne pepper to taste
- Combine the first four ingredients in a glass tupperware container. Add the filets and marinate for one hour.
- Pat the fillets dry and reserve the marinade.
- Add a bit of coconut oil to flat stainless steel skillet. Brown the fillets in the skillet, a few minutes on each side.
- Remove the fillets.
- Add more coconut oil and lightly fry the shallots until they begin to brown. There will be some caramelized marinade already in the pan. Don't worry, we'll take care of that in a minute.
- Add the reserved marinade, along with the wine, and bring it to a simmer. When it has reduced and begun to thicken, turn off the heat. Spoon over the fillets and serve with wilted spinach.